KERALA QUIZ-PSC SOLVED QUESTIONS ABOUT KERALA
KERALA PSC QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1 The number of west flowing rivers of Kerala?
2 “Who is the author of “”Kannuneerthulli”" ?”
Nalappattu Narayana Menon
3 Edakkal Caves are in
4 The place in Kerala where Naval Academy is being built is
5 Bakal Fort is in which District ?
6 First computerised Panchayath in Kerala
7 Information Kerala Mission started in
8 Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) is in
9 Smallest Grama Panchayath in Kerala is
10 Who was the first education minister of Kerala State ?
11 Whose autobiography is called ”Ormayude Arakal ”?
12 The State Institute of Rural Development [SIRD] is located in
13 Smallest Taluk in Kerala
14 The region of Kerala where evergreen forests are seen
15 Which ids the biggest Taluk in Kerala State ?
16 The name of the river that flows through the Silent Valley in Kerala ?
17 The maximum number of Wards in a Grama Panchyath
18 The winner of the first Ezhuthachan Puraskar ?
Dr.Sooranad Kunjan Pillai
19 Samadhi of Sri. Narayana Guru is at
20 The Parauram Express runs between
Thiruvananthapuram & Mangalore
21 Who started the State Transport Service in Travancore ?
22 The district inwhich Central Root Research Institute is situated
23 The Director of the film ” Agnisakshi ”
24 Name the Jnanpith award winner in 1995
25 Where is Puralimala situated
26 Importance of 1 makaram 984 in the history of Kerala is
27 “The book “”Swarga Vathil Thurakkunna Samayam”" is written by”
28 Head Quarter of Kerala Forest Research Institute
29 The speaker having longest tenure in the Kerala Assembly
30 First Kerala State Kathakali Award has been given to
Kalamandalam Raman Kutty Nair
31 “Chandanakkuda Maholsavam” is held every year in”
32 Wellington Island is in which district
33 Joseph Mundassery was the Education Minister of Kerala in the ministry headed by
34 “The book “”Sooryakanthi “” is written by”
35 “Who wrote the malayalam novel “Agnisakshi”
36 “Who is the director of the film “Chemmeen ”
37 The Teak Museum of Kerala is located in
38 Which novel of Sara Joseph got Vayalar Award ?
39 The first short story in Malayalam
40 Sandal forest in Kerala
41 The first wild life sanctury in Kerala ?
42 “Horthus Malabaricus” a seventeenth century book published in 12 volumes by the Dutch describes ”
Medicinal Plants of Kerala
43 The Monsoon which brings rains in Kerala during the period October-November is called
North East Monsoon
44 Who started the State Transport service in Travanore ?
45 “Who wrote “”Viswadarshanam”"”
46 Forest Industries Travancore is situated in
47.Which is the firstMalayalam Novel ?
Kundhalatha by Appu Nedungadi
48.Who was the founder of Nair Service Society (N.S.S) ?
49.Who is known as “Kerala Valmiki” ?
Vallathol Narayana Menon
50.The First President of “Kerala Sahithya Academy”
HISTORY QUIZ -PSC-Solved Questions-Questions asked From History in PSC Exams
1 Swadeshi Movement was started in the year?
2 Who was the heroine of Quit India Movement?
Aruna Asaf Ali
3 Gandhiji started his Dhandi march from
4 Who is considered as the father of History?
5 Vaso-da-Gama disovered India in the year
6 “The King of England who signed “”Magna Carta”" was”
King John II
7 Who was the first leader of All India Trade Union Congress(AITUC)?
Subhash Chandra Bose
8 “Who was known as “”Man of Destiny”" ?”
9 Which colour was commonly used in Harappan Pottery?
10 The Indian freedom fighter who was known as ‘Frontier Gandhi’ is
Khan Abdul Gafar Khan
11 Tansen ,a great musician of his times, was in the Court of
12 Suez Canal was opened for traffic in the year
13 “”"Ballot is stronger than the Bullet”" Who said this?”
14 The first Olympic games was held in
15 The All India Muslim League was formed in 1906 at
16 Ankar Vat is a temple in
17 John. F.Kennedy was killed in the year
18 The Congress party was formally split into extrimists and moderates at the Surat session of
19 Indian National Army fought Second World War against
20 Modern Olympic games started in 1896 in
21 Which of the following dynastics was ruling over north India at the time of Alexander’s invasion ?
22 The year in which Second World War started
23 Burma, presently Myanmar was separated from British India in the year
24 Who was the designer of the Statue of Liberty in USA ?
25 First common wealth was held at
26 The fifth story of Qutabminar was added by which King
Firos sha Tuglaque
27 French revolution began in the year
28 Sanchi portrays the art and sculpture of the
29 The ‘Master of Greek Comedy’ is
30 The only women ruler of Delhi Sultanate Raziya Sultana was the daughter of
31 Where is Black Pagoda
32 “”"Ashta Pradhan”" adorned the court of”
33 Beginning of Saka Era
34 Indian Association was founded by
35 Holly book of Judans
36 The year in which the ship Titanic sank
37 Israel came into existence in the year
38 Who was the founder of city of ‘Amritsar’ ?
39 Founder of Arya Samaj was
40 The word ‘Hindu’as reference to the people of India was first used by
41 The Civilization which developed on the banks of the river Tiber is known as
42 In which year was Jesus Christ born ?
43 From which country did Fascist party originate
44 The Harappan Civilization was discovered in the year
45 “The “”East India Company was founded in India durinhg the reighn of”
46 Russian revolution took place in the year
47.Who is the father of Indian Renaissance ?
Raja Ram MohanRay
48.First Deputy Prime Minister of India ?
Sardar Vallabhai Patel
49.Who was the First Prime Minister of India to face the No-Confidence Motion ?
Jawahar Lal Nehru
50.Who was the last Viceroy of British India ?
SOLVED QUESTION PAPER OF ASSISTANT GRADE II/CLERK/JR.CLERK/CASHIER/LDC/JR.ASSISTANT EXAM CONDUCTED ON 23/02/08
KERALA PSC PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS AND ANSWERS
SOLVED QUESTION PAPER OF ASSISTANT GRADE II/CLERK/JR.CLERK/CASHIER/LDC/JR.ASSISTANT EXAM CONDUCTED ON 23/02/08
1.Mamankam, the great ancient regional festival was held at?
2. Kollam Era began
3. The longest River in Kerala:
4.Sadhujanaparipalanayogam was started by
5.First Chief Minister of Travancore Popular Ministry?
Answer:Pattom A. Thanu Pillai
6. The temple entry proclamation was issued by?
Answer:Chithira Thirunal Balarama verma
7. Malayali Sabha was organized by
8. Kochi State Prajamandal was formed in
Answer:Correct Answer is 26th Jan 1941 , in the exam, psc given the choice as 16th January 1941
9. A Thermo flask is polished well ?
Answer:To reflect all radiation from outside
10. Coefficient of Temperature depends on
Answer:Difference in Temperature
11. A Device used to detect heat radiaton is known as
12. Which of the following is a compound? (a)Milk (b)22 carat Gold (c)Steam (d)Diamond.
Steam in itself is just a descirption of water which has been heated and has become a gas. As water is a compound (H2O) then yes, steam is a compound
13. Hardest naturally occurring substance?
14. A form of carbon used in gas mask?
15. The gas used in the refrigerator?
16. Estimation of Halogen in organic compound is done by
17. The metal which doesn’t react with dilute Sulphuric Acid ?
Dilute H2SO4 attacks iron, aluminium, zinc, manganese, magnesium and nickel, but reactions with tin and copper require the acid to be hot and concentrated. Lead and tungsten, however, are resistant to sulfuric acid.
18. In free state , hydrojen is present in
19. The disease caused by the deficiency of Vitamin A:
20. The insect which lays eggs in water is
Dragonflies and damselflies will lay eggs in water – they drop down and touch the tail to the water surface for a second, and keep doing it. Sometimes they’ll try this on reflective surfaces like cars, etc.
21. The mosquito that spreads malaria in man is named
22. Which is the function of white blood corpuscles?
Answer:: to produce anti-toxin
23. Which of the following processes liberates energy?
24. During the solar eclipse, which of the following represents the relative position of the sun, moon an earth correctly?
Answer:The moon in between the sun and the earth
25. A degree of Longitude has about the same length as a degree of Latitude at
26. The supersonic aircraft find its most convenient to fly in the
27. Seismograph is used to measure
28. Which one is known as “Pittsburg of India?”
29The first political leader who got Nobel prize for literature?
30. The winner of Wimbledon Championship of 2007?
31. Present secretary general of United Nations
32. Jim Corbett National Park is in
33. The country used paper currency first in the world
34. Father of Cell Phone
35. The modern Quantity theory of money was developed by
36. Consumer Protection act was enacted in the year
37. National Flag of India was designed by:
38. Human Rights Day is observed all over the world every year on:
39. Gauthama Budha was born at
40. The Chera King known as “Red Chera”?
41. Alexander the great defeated
42. Indica was written by?
43. The Second Buddhist Council was held at
44.Who is popularly known as the Indian Napoleon ?
45. Last King of Kakatiya dynasty ?
46. The second Battle of Tarrain in 1192, Mohammed Gori defeated?
47. The king on the throne of Vijayanagar at the time of battle of Talikota ?
48. Qutub –ud-din Aibek built the Quwaat-ul-Islammosque to commemorate his capture of
49. The wisest fool of medieval India is ?
Answer:Mohammed bin Thuglaq
50. “Tarikh-i-Firoz Shahi” was written by?
51. Ibn Batuta, the famous Arab Scholar visited India during the reign of
Answer:Mohaummed Bin Thuglaq
52. Purana Qila in Delhi was built by
53.Ashtrapratan” was the council of Ministers of
54. Zapti is the land revenue system introduced by
55. Jahangir the Mughal ruler murdered the Sikh guru :
Answer:Guru Arjun singh
56. The mughal gardens-Shalimar and Nishad in Srinagar built by ?
57. Ustad Isa was the Architect of
58. Harihara and Bukka laid the foundations of
Answer:Vijaya Nagar Empire
59. The author of “Prithvi Raj Raso “ was:
60.The first Carnatic war came to an end with the
Answer:Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle
61. Permanent land Revenue Settlement was introduced in Bengal By
62. Doctrine of Lapse” was applied by
63. Principles of panchasheel were framed in
64. Local Self Government in India, for the first time was introduced by
65. The President of Pakisthan who signed the Thashkent Agreement after the Indo-Pak War of 1965 was?
66. The war between India and China took place in?
67. Thashkent Pact was signed between
Answer:Lal Bahadur Sastri and Ayub Khan
68.Mixed Colony system was introduced by:
As the Portuguese Viceroy in India, Albuquerque encouraged mixed marriages with the intent of procuring fresh recruits, especially in the form of offsprings, to serve the Portuguese project in India and elsewhere.
69.Electricity Agitation of Cochin was against the decision of the Diwan ?
70 The Authour of “India Today”
71.Would you mind ———the door?
72.I wish he——-settle the issue soon
73.The approximate meaning of ‘run on the mill’
74.Midhun said”Do you enjoy cricket”(Change into Indirect Speech)”
Answer:Midhun asked me if I enjoyed cricket.
75.One must always be careful in ——-dealing with others
76.Rahul is very rich.He can buy a car (Combine using ‘enough’)
Answer:Rahul is rich enough to buy a car
77.Meaning of the phrase”Ad hoc”
Answer:formed for some special purpose
78.Everyone looked up to him. (change into Passive voice)
Answer:He was looked up to by everyone.
79.This juice is made —–fresh oranges.
80.Our Chief Minister is a person of long experience in politic. (Use one word for the words in bold)
81. The mis-spelt word among the following:
Synonym, Synagogue, Symposiam, Symptom
82.When the police interrogated the thief, he made a clean breast of everything (Meaning of the idiom in bold)
83.It is five years——–I retired
84.The bundle is so heavy that I cannot lift it.(Use ‘too’ instead of ‘So that’)
Answer:The bundle is too heavy for me to lift
85.The word which is nearest in meaning of the word”profound”
86. The Government has decided to ——–all unauthorised buildings
87.——-you apolgize, he won’t forgive you.
88.Themother as well as her three children———-taken to the hospital.
89.The old man was too weak to travel ——himself.
90.Roshan was so absorbed———–his work that he didn’t even raise his head.
91.It———-heavily when I woke up yesterday.
92.Mahathma Gandhi appealed to the people to ———the cruelties of British authorities.
Answer:put up with
93.Opposite of the word “Rigid”
94.Few students knew the answer,—–
95.The word which is nearest in meaning of the word “economical”
96.If the driver——–the brake, the car would have hit the old man.
Answer:had not appled
97.There weren’t any hotels nearby , ———?
98.It was with great difficulty he gained entry to the auditorium, but he made a sudden ———
99.The thieves not only robbed the travellers—–, beat them up.
100.I——–him the truth, if i were you.